Sunday, March 30, 2008

Week #9, Thing #20 - YouTube

Finally, I am part of the 21st century! I had never gone on to the YouTube site because of all the negative things I had heard about it (sexually related content, etc.) but it really has some good, useful information. I searched for library related sites but got an assortment of sites not necessarily related to libraries. I looked at the sites in the discovery exercises and enjoyed the library dominos and Conan. YouTube is easy to use and I read the instructions on how to upload a video. The only downside to the site is the inappropriate remarks made by viewers.

I loved the TecherTube web site and have uploaded a very powerful video about "What Teachers Make." I emailed that video to a few of my teacher friends. There were some good instructional videos like how to make better PowerPoint presentations, why students should blog, and uploading videos on TeacherTube. I subscribed to this site's RSS feed.
Teachers Make a Difference

No comments: