Monday, January 14, 2008

Week #1, Things #1 & 2 - Life Long Leaner

I had intended to sign-up for Web 2.0 when it was first offered in late spring. However, I moved to a new house in late May and it took me all summer to unpack. When I went to the Ontario convention in November, I went to every technology workshop I could hoping to get caught up with the latest educational technology. I was so excited to learn that Web 2.0 was being offered again in the winter. When I got back to work, I watched the video on Lifelong Learning, created my avatar and my blog and then waited for Dec. 2nd to come so that I could register with the class and get going. Meanwhile, I talked two teachers into setting up a blog for their classes (which took some work since none of us had done it before) and pretty soon it was winter break and I never started the Web 2.0 class. So I would say that as far as lifelong learning is concerned that the hardest thing for me to do is to "begin with the end in mind." I need to set goals, both long term and short. My goal for today is to post for week#1 & 2 and get started on 3! The easiest for me to do is to "accept responsibility for my own learning." I am an active participant in classes, search for ways to increase my knowledge and read "how-t0" books.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 -- enjoy your discovery learning adventure. Love your elegant avatar!

Check out the Weekly Tips section.

Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager