Thursday, February 14, 2008

Week #4, Thing #9

Blick!! I did not like this exercise. It was all too much information for me to process. I am happy just to know what an RSS feed is! Think I'll leave it at that for now. Google Blog Search, though, was the easist to use and more on a beginner's level. I also liked fwicki which I think I got off of Topix. I checked out the Edublog award winning blogs and didn't get way they were award winning. I couldn't get Feedster to work and Syndic8.com and Technorati were confusing. The most practical way for me to use an RSS feed is to subscribe to one when I find a page that I like. But really, since I can barely keep up with my email, RSS feeds probably won't be part of my life for awhile.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

That is how I felt about RSS feeds initially. Now, as project manager for School Library Learning 2.0, I cannot survive without bloglines. It visually alerts me each time a SLL2.0 participant posts anything. My bloglines list is linked to the SLL2.0 right-side column so all can see the current participant blogs and the blogs of those who completed the 23 things, including the 150+ "summer 2.0 fun" blogs. I still check in on what is new on the earlier blogs.

Did you know that some of those who completed "summer 2.0 fun" are becoming "project managers" by offering their districts the sister course, "Classroom Learning 2.0." It is amazing. Something like train-the-trainers.

Enjoy your discovery learning adventure -- who knows where you will travel.

Best wishes.
- Jackie
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager