Saturday, February 23, 2008

Week #5, Thing #11 - Explore Web 2.0

Naturally, this exercise took me much longer to do than I had planned because I couldn't just look at one site. I had to explore all of them. I went to the "short list" of Web 2.0 Award Winners and looked at every winner's site. Then I went back and concentrated on a few of them. I was so pleased to have found "feedburner." It answered my question from week #4 on how to get an RSS feed on my site. If I ever get my web based library newletter online, an RSS feed would be a greaat thing to have on the page. I also played with "Magnolia" and I didn't have any luck with it. I don't know if it was my computer or what but when I typed in a search item, it just kept searching and I finally had to stop it. I don't know why Del.icio.us wasn't on the winning list of social bookmarking. I have been using that since I first heard about it at a conference. I did join Ning and spent a lot of time on the TeacherLibraian site. I got a lot of useful information just by reading a few comments. I played the "Travel IG" game. That game could be addicting! I wonder if I will ever put the flag in the exact spot?

No comments: