Saturday, February 23, 2008

Week #5, Thing #13 - Technorati

If ever a site needed to offer a tutorial on how to use the site, this one definitely does. Oh, wait...it does have a tutorial video but it doesn't match the Technorati page AT ALL. I kept looking at my address bar to make sure I was on the right page.I looked at Technorati a few weeks ago and got frustated because I couldn't find what I was looking for. So I tried it again, having a few more "things" under my belt, and it was even more frustrating. I searched "School Library Learning" in "blog posts" but couldn't find where to search for it "in tags" or "blog directory." I looked all over the site and couldn't find either one. I think they don't exist anymore. When I searched SLL, I did find that there were different results under blogs and posts but I couldn't figure out why. I also couldn't find out what "authority" means. I do get the idea behind the site. It would be really helpful to be able to use other people's tags when doing research. One disadvantage of tags would be if people put tags on topics that don't relate to the site.

1 comment:

librarymum said...

I totally agree with your comments about Technorati. While I have been doing this peer cheerleading, I have tried going back to the site and trying it again, but so far, it hasn't gotten better for me. I think it is just one of those tools that I can know about and leave alone. We all have too much to do to think all of the 23 things will be useful to us. On to the next new thing!